India Infrastructure Research (publisher of Power Line magazine) has just launched ‘Operational and Financial Performance of Discoms’ research report.
The report is priced at Rs 75,000 (plus 18% GST). However, we are offering 20% pre-publication “early-bird” discount. The price is Rs 60,000 for orders and payments received before or on April 30, 2020.
The report is available in a PDF format and is expected to release in April 2020.
Download Table of Contents Order Online
The significant growth in distribution network makes it critical to take stock of the performance of the distribution companies across the country. In 2018-19, about 877 BUs of energy was sold across discoms. Further, given their deteriorating financial health, an assessment of their financial health is important. As the country tries to tackle the outbreak of Covid-19 with a nationwide lockdown, experts believe that the power distribution segment could face significant challenges. Power demand is expected to decrease by over 20%, driven particularly by the shutdown of the commercial and industrial establishments. Further, delayed payments from consumers and hence, stoppage of payments to generators will be an area of concern for the segment. These developments are expected to impact the overall financial and operational performance of discoms for an extended period of time.
The report is divided into ten chapters:
- Distribution Sector Size and Growth
- Overall Trends in Key Operational Parameters
- Overall Trends in Key Financial Parameters
- Inter-D Discom Comparison – Public
- Inter-D Discom Comparison – Private
- Overall Expenditure Trends
- O&M Costs
- Capital Expenditure
- Power Purchase Costs
- Category-W Wise Tariff Trends
The report covers:
- Distribution sector trends and developments
- Analysis on key operational and financial performance parameters across over 50 discoms
- Inter-discom comparison for critical performance analysis across the public and private sectors
- Operational and capital costs
- Tariff Trends
For other reports by India Infrastructure Research click here.
India Infrastructure Publishing Pvt. Ltd.
B-17, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi 110016, India
Tel: +91-11-46560421, 41034600, 41034601 Fax: +91-11-26531196